Google Play M-Pesa Integration
This is a service offered to M-PESA registered customers with Android phones to be able to purchase applications and digital goods from the Google play store using M-PESA as a payment option.
This service is only offered to users in Kenya with registered M-PESA accounts, Google accounts and android devices.
Yes, the first time you buy an app or game on Google playstore you will be required to register a payment profile and your mobile number will be automatically linked. The next time you buy an app or game, you’ll be able to use M-PESA payments option to pay for it.
- Go to Google Playstore on your Android device
- Click on the home icon
- Select “account”
- Go to “payments methods”
- Select “M-PESA Xpress billing”
- Register your personal details and save
- Customer will select the App to purchase and select M-PESA Xpress as the payment option.
- A confirmation window will appear indicating the amount of the app and payment option selected. The customer will proceed to click “BUY”.
- The customer will get a push notification to their phone requesting for input of the M-PESA PIN to complete the transaction
- Upon confirmation, funds will be deducted from the customers’ M-PESA account and transaction completed.
- The app will automatically start to install.
When purchasing an app for the 1st time you will be forced to setup a payment option. Select M-PESA Xpress billing, register your details and proceed to purchase.
If you have a credit or debit card linked to your Google account, you can still setup M-PESA as a payment method.
Yes, you can setup more one account to your mobile number.
Yes, you need to ensure the Safaricom line is on SIM one and disable the twin SIM functionality.
When you change your mobile number, the system will auto sync the new mobile number.
If you can receive M-PESA PIN push, kindly update your SIM card by dialing *234*1*6#
The app will be downloaded immediately.
To view your Google Play order history log on the website below
If app refuses to install after a successful payment, kindly contact Google help center https://support.google.com/googleplay
Yes if you activated roaming services and we have a roaming agreement in that country.
You will be able to refund an app or game within 48 hours after purchase
- Search for app or game on Google Play store
- Click on the “refund” icon
- The app/game will be uninstalled
- You will receive a refund confirmation message from M-PESA
Note: You can only return an app or game for a refund once. If you buy it again you will not be able to get a refund. If a refund is issued you will lose access to the item.
- Advantage Plus Prepay Bundles Terms & Conditions
- Airtime Bundles Service
- Tunukiwa Daily Service
- Safaricom DIY PostPay
- Safaricom PostPay No Expiry Service
- Conditions of Use of the Safaricom Service
- Safaricom Auto Okoa Service.
- Safaricom Anniversary Service
- Safaricom Flexible Talk Time Bundle
- Safaricom Stori Ibambe Service
Invest in Us
Where investors belong