Out of Bundle
This is a service which ensures you aren’t billed from your airtime when browsing. Data charges will only be on your data bundles.
The service will be available on *544# under the name Out Of Bundle Management..
Dial *544# and select Out Of Bundle then choose “Activate”. You will receive the following SMS confirmation message: You have activated Out of Bundle Management. You will not be able to browse without a data bundle.
You will receive a pop up menu with the following options when you start to browse the internet and you do not have a data bundle or when you are about to finish your data bundle.
- Buy a data bundle
- Okoa Data bundles
- Redeem Bonga points for data bundles
- Buy a data bundle – You will be given the option to purchase a bundle from their airtime or account balance. There will also be options to redeem data using Bonga points, Okoa internet dependent on what you are eligible to use.
- Okoa a data bundle – Selecting this option will allow you to Okoa a data bundle and pay later provided you are subscribed to the service.
- Redeem Bonga Points for data bundles – This option will allow you to redeem Bonga points for data bundles.
The browsing or internet session will be stopped and you will not be allowed to access the internet until you purchase a bundle.
The download will be stopped and whatever you have downloaded will be lost. You will have to start from the beginning when you buy a new bundle or accept to continue browsing out of bundle.
Yes, you will still receive the low bundle notification when you are 2MB. The SMS message you will receive will appear as below: Dear customer, your data bundle is almost finished. Dial *544# to check your data bundle balance. .
Provided you finish your data bundle, the pop up and SMS message will be sent to you to ensure you buy a bundle and don’t browse using your airtime without a data bundle.
Dial *544# and select Out Of Bundle then choose Deactivate You will receive the following SMS confirmation message: You have deactivated Out Of Bundle Management. You will be charged from airtime when you browse without a data bundle.
You will receive flash messages with the choices to buy a bundle, Okoa a bundle or Redeem Bonga points for data bundles and you will not be able to browse when you do not have a data bundle.
You will not receive the flash messages with the choices to buy a bundle, Okoa a bundle or Redeem Bonga points for data bundles. However you will be allowed to browse on your airtime when you do not have a data bundle.
This is a functionality which will give customers a way to easily query their auto renewal subscriptions as well as a way to accept weekly notifications for a list of all auto renewal subscriptions. The subscription check is unified on *100# and *200# under “My Subscriptions”.
An auto renewable subscription is any subscription (data, SMS, Skiza, PRS & Games etc.) that is auto renewed either daily, weekly or monthly.
The following options are available on the Subscription Management menu:
- Data Bundles
- SMS Bundles
- Premium Services & Games
- Create Your Plan
- Weekly Notification
- View Active Subscriptions – This will allow you to check your active subscription. For example if you select “Data Bundles”, the 1st option under this sub menu will be to view your active data bundles subscription.
- Unsubscribe/Delete – The customer will be given the option unsubscribe from the subscription.
- Buy – This option will allow customer to buy a service e.g. a data bundle, a Skiza Tune etc.
You will be given an option to opt in for a weekly SMS notification. The weekly SMS notification will be sent to subscribers who have an active subscription only. The same menu will also give you an option to opt out of the weekly SMS notification.
- Advantage Plus Prepay Bundles Terms & Conditions
- Airtime Bundles Service
- Tunukiwa Daily Service
- Safaricom DIY PostPay
- Safaricom PostPay No Expiry Service
- Conditions of Use of the Safaricom Service
- Safaricom Auto Okoa Service.
- Safaricom Anniversary Service
- Safaricom Flexible Talk Time Bundle
- Safaricom Stori Ibambe Service
Invest in Us
Where investors belong