Terms and Conditions for the Blaze Bundles
The following terms and conditions apply to the BLAZE BUNDLES SERVICE (“the Service”) and by using the Service you will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted the same:-
1. The Service
This Service gives eligible subscribers access to data bundles that create more value at a more affordable cost, based on each subscriber’s data usage needs.
The Service is open to all Safaricom PrePay subscribers aged between 10 and 26 years and who have successfully registered on the BLAZE Platform.
3. Amendment Date
This Service is amended effective 0000hrs 29th March 2022.
4. How to use the Service
- Dial *555# from your Safaricom Mobile or Data line or through the Blaze App
- Select your preferred bundle option;
- Follow the prompt.
For bundle renewal:
- Your Blaze Bundle will not be automatically renewed unless you select the ‘auto-renew’ option at the point of subscription.
- To opt out of the auto-renewal option, dial *555# and select ‘Stop Auto-Renew’
- Dial *555#
- Select the ‘Unsubscribe from Blaze’ option
5. Price and Vlidity of Bundles
The following plans are available under the Service, with validity periods as indicated below:
Daily Data Bundles
|Daily Data Bundles||Data (MBs)||SMS||Free WhatsApp||Price(Kshs.)||Validity Period|
|Daily 10MB||10MB||7||N/A||5/=||24 Hours|
|Daily 35MB||35MB||25||N/A||10/=||24 Hours|
|Daily 100MB||100MB||70||Free WhatsApp||20/=||24 Hours|
|Daily 300MB||300MB||200||Free WhatsApp||50/=||24 Hours|
|Daily 1GB||1GB||200||Free WhatsApp||100/=||24 Hours|
Weekly Data Bundles
|Weekly Data Bundles||Data (MBs)||Free WhatsApp||Price(Kshs.)||Validity Period|
|Weekly 200MB||200MB||N/A||50/=||7 Days|
|Weekly 350MB||500MB||Free WhatsApp||99/=||7 Days|
|Weekly 1GB||1.5GB||Free WhatsApp||250/=||7 Days|
|Weekly 4GB||4GB||Free WhatsApp||500/=||7 Days|
Monthly Data Bundles
|Monthly 1GB||1GB||N/A||250/=||30 Days|
|Monthly 2.5GB||2.5GB||Free WhatsApp||500/=||30 Days|
|Monthly 7GB||7GB||Free WhatsApp||1,000/=||30 Days|
|Monthly 20GB||20GB||Free WhatsApp||2,000/=||30 Days|
“Personal Information” means personal identifiable information as prescribed in the Data Protection Act which includes but is not limited to name, address, phone number, identification number, location data.
- Collection of Information
We are required by law to collect certain personal information and are legally obligated to deny you the service if such information is not availed. Apart from the legal obligation mentioned above, we also need to collect your Personal Information for quality service delivery. Please note that although this is voluntary, without such information we may not be able to provide quality service.
We are committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of the information we collect from you. Our privacy statement, as updated from time to time, explains how we treat your personal information, who we share your information with and measures taken protect your privacy when you use our Service. This can be found on the Safaricom Data Privacy Statement. If unable to access the link or our website please reach us on any of our customer care channels to receive a copy.
When registering a minor as a Safaricom subscriber, a person with parental authority shall open and maintain an account in their name for and on behalf of the minor. For purposes of these Terms and Conditions, a person with parental authority shall include the birth parents of a minor, legal guardian or other person who can demonstrate legitimate authority over the minor’s affairs.
7. Other Terms
- All bundles with FREE WhatsApp will browse WhatsApp at normal speeds but once the bundle is depleted, WhatsApp speed will be throttled for the validity of the bundle purchased. The FREE WhatsApp bundle shall be capped at 50MB per day for the validity period of the bundle and will not support voice calls and video call. The FREE WhatsApp bundle shall not support tethering.
- You may have more than one bundle running at the same time.
- Once you exhaust your data bundle you will not be able to continue browsing until you purchase another data bundle by accessing the USSD or through the MySafaricomApp.
- This Service will not be available to roaming subscribers. Charges applicable for Roaming are available on www.safaricom.co.ke. Roaming means the use of telecommunication services while you are in other countries but using a Safaricom SIM Card.
- Safaricom reserves the right to amend or vary these terms and conditions or to withdraw the Service at any time. Any update to the privacy terms will be available on the Safaricom website and will take effect from the date of notification of the update.
- We will send you periodic notification informing you of the balance on your bundle so that you can prepare to purchase another bundle should you still require resources.
- You can check your Blaze bundle balance via USSD by dialing *555# or from the MySafaricomApp, open the App, Select Blaze bundles and select Balance. The balance with expiry date will be displayed.
8. General Terms of Usage
- You are allowed to transfer (Sambaza) your Blaze Bundles to other eligible subscribers, subject to the Sambaza rules currently in effect.
- Upon purchase and use of the bundles, you will continue to accumulate Bonga Points as per the published terms and conditions of the Safaricom Loyalty Programme.
- Blaze Bundles are not for re-sale. You therefore will not resell the Bundles purchased from Safaricom without its consent. Safaricom reserves the right to withdraw this Service from you if you breach these terms.
- These Terms and Conditions are available on www.safaricom.co.ke
NOTE: BLAZE BUNDLES ARE NOT FOR RE-SALE AND CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED FROM SAFARICOM AS INDICATED IN THE APPLICABLE PUBLISHED TERMS AND CONDITIONS. SAFARICOM SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER FOR BUNDLES PURCHASED FROM ANY OTHER SOURCE.