Fake social media handles
A fake social media account created to imitate the real account in order to lure and trick users in ways such as requesting for personal information, announce non-existent offers and promotions.
This, however, goes a long way in destroying the prominence of the Safaricom brand.
To avoid this, notify Safaricom of impersonating social media pages and do not communicate with anyone through the assumed platform.
Safaricom only calls from 0722000000
- The following are the verified Safaricom’s social media accounts (List them)
- Always looks out for the verification badges
- Safaricom staff WILL NEVER ask you for your PINs. Your PIN is your secret. PIN Yako Siri Yako.
- NEVER give your SIM PIN, MPESA PIN, One Time PIN (OTP) or passwords to anyone via phone, email, SMS or in person.
There is no such thing as double registration. Don’t be conned or threatened by anyone instead report the number to 333.
Register your voice as your password. Never disclose your personal Information or PINS with anyone
- Do not follow instructions from unknown callers or fall for too good to be true stories.
- Always verify with your known contacts before sending money
- Do not share your personal details, call records and M-pesa details like balance with anyone who calls you.
- Keep your personal information such ID number, date of birth, full names private.
Change your PIN immediately . Make sure your PIN is not easy to guess. Avoid using PINS such as year of birth.
Contact Safaricom as soon as you suspect your details or phone has been compromised.
Do not press any codes on your phone as directed by anyone allegedly from Safaricom. You could block your line or send money to a conman.