Pamoja Tuungane Campaign
The following terms and conditions apply to the Pamoja Tuungane Campaign (“the Campaign”) and by participating, you will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted the same:
This Campaign is an initiative of the Safaricom Foundation that aims to complement the Government of Kenya’s initiatives in tackling famine in 4 adversely affected ASAL counties – Isiolo, Samburu, Marsabit and Turkana. The intervention is meant to provide emergency food relief to Kenyans in areas hard hit by famine.
This Campaign is available to:
- Safaricom network subscribers who are enrolled onto the Safaricom Loyalty Programme (“Bonga”) for the Bonga points Donations; and
- Subscribers from other networks (Telkom/Airtel) by Directly contributing to the Paybill 444777.
This Campaign will run for a period of six (6) months from 11 April 2022 to 10 October 2022.
How to Participate
- From your Safaricom line, dial *126# or visit safaricom.com, select “Bonga” and select “0 – Pamoja Tuungane”. Select option 1 – Any Bonga Point amount. Enter the number of Bonga Points you wish to redeem, confirm your selection, input your service PIN and confirm the transaction.
- You will get a confirmation message with the number of Bonga Points redeemed as well as your Bonga Points balance.
- To check your Bonga Points balance, dial *126# and select "Check Bonga Balance". You will receive an SMS notification with details of your Bonga account balance.
- You will not be charged any extra fees for using this service.
- The Bonga Points value of your donation will be matched by the Safaricom Foundation, up to a total limit of Kshs. 100 million.
- Redemption of Bonga Points will be at the rate of 1 bonga point to KES 20 cents.
- All other current Bonga rules and processes apply.
Extension of Terms
- Save as modified above, these Terms and Conditions are supplemental to and subject to the published Safaricom PrePay Service Terms and Conditions, Safaricom PrePay and PostPay Data Bundles, Safaricom PrePay and PostPay Terms, Bonga Terms and other Services that you may be using.
- The Foundation reserves the right to amend or vary these terms and conditions or to withdraw the Campaign at any time. In any of these events, notice will be given via media advertisements (including at the Foundation’s discretion on the Safaricom Foundation website safaricomfoundation.org and will be effective immediately or as at the date referred in such notifications.
“Personal Information” shall have the meaning as prescribed in the Data Protection Act which includes but is not limited to name, address, phone number, identification number, location data.
Collection of information
We are required by law to collect certain personal information and are legally obligated to deny you the Service if such information is not availed.
Apart from the legal obligation mentioned above, we also need to collect your Personal Information for quality service delivery. Please note that although this is voluntary, without such information we may not be able to provide a quality Service.
We are committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of the information we collect from you. Our privacy statement, as updated from time to time, explains how we treat your personal information, who we share your information with, and measures taken protect your privacy when you use our services. This can be found on Safaricom data privacy statement . If unable to access the link or our website, please reach us on any of our customer care channels to receive a copy.