How to Re-Set your M-PESA PIN
- Dial *334#
- Enter your ID/Passport number
- Correctly answer 2 of the 3 security questions they have set
- Receive a Start PIN to set up a new M-PESA PIN
Send and receive money hassle-free at our M-PESA agent outlets. There are over 160,000 agents countrywide ready to serve you wherever you are with many more added daily.
Fraudsters are known to use tactics that take advantage of customers; they require you to provide information or do something yourself. Outsmart frauds or scams on M-PESA by practicing these tips.
- Always check your M-PESA balance on SMS to confirm proof of transaction.
Checking your M-PESA balance
- Select "Show balance" on the Safaricom App or select Check Balance on M-PESA menu in your Safaricom sim tool kit.
- Enter your secret PIN
- Wait for SMS confirmation message with your balance
Register For M-PESA
Visit your nearest M-PESA agent outlet or Safaricom retail centre and present a mobile phone with a Safaricom SIM card and valid Identification document.
After successful registration, you will receive a confirmation message and a 4-digit M-PESA PIN sent by SMS .
Hakikisha is a service that allows M-PESA customers to confirm the recipient’s name and/or number, before completing a transaction.
This service is available for all customers, on all handsets.