Pamoja Tuungane is an initiative led by Safaricom that allows customers to redeem/donate their Bonga points or donate cash which will then be directed towards supporting their Fellow Kenyans who are Victims of Starvation.
To donate your Bonga Points, simply dial *126# or visit www.safaricom.com and select “Pamoja Tuungane“. You will then have the option to put any Bonga point amount or specified Bonga points. Once you have chosen your preferred option, you will be asked to input your Service PIN to complete the transaction. If you have forgotten your Service PIN, simply click forget to reset it.
Customer’s 5 Bonga points will be equivalent to KES 1
To confirm a transaction, you will receive a message with an MPESA transaction ID and a second message that comes with the link to the Total funds’ contribution site: www.pamojatuungane.co.ke.
You can still contribute by Donating Cash. Simply Dial *126# and select the Donate Cash option which will then ask you to enter the amount and the MPESA PIN to complete the transaction.
All the funds donated will be shared to the communities in need through the State Department of Social Protection. We also have an internal and the Ernest & Young Audit team that will ensure all funds donated are used for the purpose set aside.
To check how many points, you have, Dial *126# select ‘Check Bonga Points’. You will then get a response showing the number of points you have and its cash equivalent.
No, there are no extra charges. Only the Bonga Points value you are donating will be deducted from your Bonga balance when you redeem
You can get this under *126# Pamoja Tuungane Option 6; See total funds raised. You will get a message with the link to the site to view the same on www.pamojatuungane.co.ke
Yes, all other networks will be able to Donate by paying directly into the Pay bill 444777 from their network lines, the account name will be Pamoja Tuungane
- This Service is available to all Safaricom Prepay and Individual Post Pay subscribers who are enrolled to Safaricom Bonga Points.
- Prepay subscribers and Individual Post pay subscribers will be able to Donate Bonga points towards Pamoja Tuungane under the *126# Menu
- Prepay subscribers and Individual Post pay subscribers will also be able to Donate Cash towards Pamoja Tuungane under the *126# Menu
- Corporate Post pay customers will need to work with their Relationship managers from Enterprise business to guide on a process to donate towards Pamoja Tuungane for the Corporate client
- The service will embed the Safaricom_Foundation Paybill 444777 on the Pamoja Tuungane Journey.
- All funds both from the Donated Bonga points and the Donated Cash will be received under the Safaricom_Foundation Paybill 444777
- Telkom and Airtel subscribers will be able to pay into Paybill 444777 directly to donate towards the cause
- The Pamoja Tuungane transactions will be visible on Siebel under the Bonga Everywhere Tab
- For reversal requests the current Lipa na Bonga process will apply with manual adjustments once due diligence has been carried out.