TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE USE OF THE SAFARICOM M-PESA STATEMENT SERVICE
The following terms and conditions apply to the use of the M-Pesa statement service within MySafaricomApp, a Mobile Application (the “M-PESA Statement Service”) and by using the M-Pesa statement service, you will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions.
These terms and conditions are applicable in addition to all other M-PESA Consumer Terms and Conditions issued by Safaricom as published on www.safaricom.co.ke, online social platforms and any local daily newspapers.
1. The M-Pesa statement service Availability
- 1.1 The M-PESA statement service is a feature that enables customers to have an interactive view of payments made on M-Pesa including recent transactions, money sent out, money received and option to get full statements for 3,6 and 12 months on a preferred email.
- 1.2 The M-Pesa statement service is available for Safaricom PrePay and PostPay subscribers who use Android and Apple iOS devices and have downloaded and installed the MySafaricomApp.
- 1.3 The M-Pesa Statement service will be available on the MySafaricomApp for use from 0000hrs on 12th October 2020. (“Service Date”)
2. How to Access the M-Pesa Statement Feature
- 2.1 Buy or be a user of an android or Apple iOS enabled handset or tablet.
- 2.2 Download the MySafaricomApp by going to Google Play Store or Safaricom Appstore and searching for ‘MySafaricomApp’. Data charges apply when downloading the MySafaricomApp
- 2.3 Install the MySafaricomApp on your handset or tablet
- 2.4 Once you have installed the MySafaricomApp, go to the M-Pesa view and select M-Pesa Statement. You will be required to enter your secret M-PESA personal identification number (PIN)
- 2.5 You will be requested to accept these terms and conditions in order to enjoy access to the services available with the M-Pesa Statement feature.
- 2.6 DO NOT SHARE YOUR PIN or MPESA APP IDENTIFICATION CODE WITH ANY PERSON.
3. Features of the M-Pesa Statement Service
The M-Pesa Statement service will give you access to the following features:
- Recent transactions
- Money Out
- Money In
- Get Full Statements
“Personal Information” means personal identifiable information as prescribed in the Data Protection Act which includes but is not limited to name, address, phone number, identification number, location data.
- Collection of information
We are required by law to collect certain personal information and are legally obligated to deny you the service if such information is not availed.
Apart from the legal obligation mentioned above, we also need to collect your Personal Information for quality service delivery. Please note that although this is voluntary, without such information we may not be able to provide quality service
We are committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of the information we collect from you. Our privacy statement, as updated from time to time, explains how we treat your personal information, who we share your information with and measures taken protect your privacy when you use our Service. This can be found on Safaricom Data Privacy Statement. If unable to access the link or our website, please reach us on any of our customer care channels to receive a copy.
When registering a minor as a Safaricom subscriber, a person with parental authority shall open and maintain an account in their name for and on behalf of the minor. For purposes of these Terms and Conditions, a person with parental authority shall include the birth parents of a minor, legal guardian or other person who can demonstrate legitimate authority over the minor’s affairs.
5. Other Terms and Conditions
- 5.2 Should you require any assistance in accessing or using the M-PESA Statement service, kindly get in touch with the Safaricom customer care team through the line 100 for prepaid customers and 200 for post-paid customers or, you can also reach us via email on email@example.com; twitter-@safaricomPLC; and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/SafaricomPLC.
- 5.3 The data may have a slight delay in updating and for accurate statements. You can request for the full statements that will be sent to your preferred email.
- 5.4 The M-Pesa statements cannot be used in legal or court proceedings or official transactions but you can get certified copies from a Safaricom Shop.
- 5.5 Save as modified above, these Terms and Conditions are supplemental to and subject to the published Safaricom PrePay and PostPay Service Terms and Conditions, Safaricom Prepay & Postpay Data Terms and Conditions and any other published terms and conditions that relate to any other Safaricom product/service that you may be using in conjunction with the App.
- 5.6 Safaricom reserves the right to modify, vary, amend or withdraw the M-Pesa Statement service, its features and these Terms and Conditions at any time. Such changes will be communicated through the media, Safaricom website or any other appropriate avenue as Safaricom may determine.
- 5.7 These Terms and Conditions are available on www.safaricom.co.ke.