We meet with our suppliers every year at our Annual Suppliers Forum to hear their concerns and exchange ideas and information with them. During the event, we conduct a survey to assess their perceptions and levels of satisfaction and confidence regarding Safaricom.
We use the feedback gained through the survey to adjust our processes and offerings to partners. We engaged with our principle dealers and agents during the year through 25 Principle Forums and over 200 Agent assistance training sessions nationwide. Our Principle Forums address a range of issue, including: how to grow businesses, new investment opportunities, new products, the Know Your Customer (KYC) initiative, security of outlets and emerging types of fraud. Through these and other channels, we seek to discover and address business partner concerns and frustrations.
We insist that all suppliers sign up to the Code of Ethics for Business in Kenya. The Code is based on the principles of the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC). By the end of the financial year, 317 or 98% of suppliers with running contracts had signed up to the Code. The remaining 2% of suppliers will not be invited for new business opportunities until they sign up to the Code.
We also undertake performance evaluations of all of our suppliers on a quarterly or bi-annual basis. Suppliers are measured against a variety of indicators (e.g. cost, quality, delivery, responsiveness, flexibility, value-add, health and safety) and a performance score is calculated.