Tips for staying safe
- Recognize Safaricom’s official contacts. Safaricom only calls from 0722000000
- Safaricom staff will never ask you to share your MPESA PIN, SIM passcodes or password. Do not divulge your personal information to anyone.
- Notify Safaricom of imposters and suspicious branded links/websites/social media handles. Do not share any personal details with anyone on such platforms.
- Always protect your personal information such as ID number, date of birth, full names, address etc.
- Do not follow or key in instructions from unknown callers. Safaricom customer care will never call you and then send you to the nearest agent for a reversal.
- Do not divulge any other information such as your one-time passcodes to anyone. Examples include ATM withdrawal code, authentication code for Safaricom app or other service.
- A genuine M-PESA message is sent from M-PESA and not a customer’s line.
- Do not refund. Request the person calling to forward the message to 456 or to call Safaricom for assistance.
- When you receive the fake messages forward them to 333. This helps ensure the numbers are blocked and that other customers are not defrauded.
- Be wary of messages from unknown senders saying you have won, or they can give you cash or help
- Never send money to unlock prizes, loans, jobs, relief etc.
- Be wary of messages from callers who threaten you. Report threats to the police.
- Never send money to unknown callers.
- Be wary of too good to be true offers or texts. They are from fraudsters and are not genuine. Do not engage the sender/fraudster.
- Customers should also send a text to 333 with the details of the line that texted them. This helps ensure the numbers are blocked and that other customers are not defrauded.
Safaricom only calls from 0722000000
Online Support Team
Twitter – @Safaricom_Care and @SafaricomPLC
Facebook – www.facebook.com/SafaricomPLC
Customer Support Team
PrePay: Call 100 (Free),SMS 100(Free) Or +254 722 002100 (chargeable)
For more fraud tips
USSD: *100*6*7# - Jichanue Fraud Tips
- Safaricom staff WILL NEVER ask you for your PINs. Your PIN is your secret. PIN Yako Siri Yako.
- NEVER give your SIM PIN, MPESA PIN, One Time PIN (OTP) or passwords to anyone via phone, email, SMS or in person.
There is no such thing as double registration. Don’t be conned or threatened by anyone instead report the number to 333.
Register your voice as your password. Never disclose your personal Information or PINS with anyone
- Do not follow instructions from unknown callers or fall for too good to be true stories.
- Always verify with your known contacts before sending money
Do not share your personal details, call records and M-pesa details like balance with anyone who calls you.
Keep your personal information such ID number, date of birth, full names private.
Change your PIN immediately . Make sure your PIN is not easy to guess. Avoid using PINS such as year of birth.
Contact Safaricom as soon as you suspect your details or phone has been compromised.
Do not press any codes on your phone as directed by anyone allegedly from Safaricom. You could block your line or send money to a conman.
Invest in Us
Where investors belong