Okoa Jahazi is a service that enables PrePay subscribers to access airtime on credit and pay later.
You can now request for airtime advance of 10/-, 20/-, 50/-, 100/-, 250/-, 500/- and 1000/- which you can now browse the internet or make international calls.
How to use Okoa Jahazi
- To Okoa, dial *131#, press the call button and select your preferred Okoa Jahazi airtime amount.
- To check your Okoa Jahazi airtime balance, dial *144*4# and press the call button.
Key Features of Okoa Jahazi
- You can request for Okoa Jahazi airtime of KSHs.10, KSHs.20, KSHs.50, KSHs.100, KSHs.250, KSHs.500 and KSHs.1000.
- You can browse the Internet with Okoa Jahazi.
- You can make calls and send SMSes to Safaricom and all other local & international networks.
- Your airtime balance must be less than KSHs.2 for you to qualify.
- Your mobile number must have been active on Safaricom for at least 6 months.
- An advance service fee of 10% is charged for each request.
The table below highlights the service fee for each request and the actual airtime received.
|Requested Amount (KSHs.)||Service Fee (KSHs.)||Airtime Received (KSHs.)|
From the table above, if for example you request KSHs.50, you will receive KSHs.45, which means KSHs.5 will have been deducted in advance. In your next top-up, KSHs.50 will be deducted which is the original amount you had requested for.The amount requested must be equivalent to your airtime spend for the last 7 days, e.g., if you request KSHs.100, then you must have used airtime worth KSHs.100 over the last 7 days.
- Okoa Jahazi airtime advanced is deducted in the next top-up(s) until fully recovered.
- You can request for Okoa Jahazi airtime daily as long as you have fully repaid the previous airtime advanced.
- You cannot Sambaza/transfer your Okoa Jahazi airtime.
- You cannot request for Okoa Jahazi if you have an outstanding balance and the airtime advanced must be repaid within 5 days from the time of request.
- If repayment is not done within 5 days, you will not be able to access the service for 7 days.
- Okoa Jahazi service is available to Safaricom PrePay subscribers only.