The current active housing agencies are below.
- SEB Estates Ltd- paybill number 937100.
- Pause Shelter Ltd via NIC-paybill number 488515.
- Lavender Properties Ltd-paybill number 929850.
How Lipa Kodi works
- All the housing agencies/landlord/real estate businesses will display or share their respective PayBill number(s) from Safaricom-M-PESA PayBill service.
- They will have individual names for their housing unit and each unit will have a unique code that will be used as an account number by the tenants when sending money via the MPESA PayBill service.
- At the agreed rent payment date(s); the tenant will follow the steps below to pay for their rent.
Steps to follow on M-PESA PayBill service
- Select ‘Pay Bill’ from your M-PESA menu (customer should ensure they have the correct amount required to cover the payment amount and to send the payment)
- Enter the ‘Business Number’ - ( the tenant’s respective housing agent/landlord will provide this paybill number.)
- Enter the ‘Account Number’ (This is the housing unit’s unique account number on the Lipa Kodi service and the respective housing agent will share this with their tenants.)
- Enter the amount you wish to pay.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN.
- Confirm that all the details are correct and press OK
- The customer will receive a confirmation SMS from M-PESA immediately.
- The Housing Agent/landlord will have access to M-PESA system to track transactions on their PayBill service and reconcile records for their administrative purposes.
- The Housing Agent/Landlord will notify the customer on the receipt of the payment.