Fraudsters are known to use tactics that take advantage of customers; they require you to provide information or do something yourself. Outsmart frauds or scams on M-PESA by practicing these tips.
- Always check your M-PESA balance on SMS to confirm proof of transaction.
- Choose a PIN you can always remember.
- Use a PIN that is not easy for others to guess.
- Never share your PIN with anyone, not even Safaricom staff.
- If you receive an SMS or a call from someone claiming they have sent you money by mistake, never send it back before you check your M-PESA balance.
- When sending money, make sure you double check the phone number you are sending money to.
- For security reasons, you can change your PIN at any time on the M-PESA menu.
Invest in Us
Where investors belong