You can send or transfer money to any other mobile phone user, even if they are not a Safaricom subscriber. To send money you must first deposit cash into your own M-PESA account.
- To send money, go to the ‘Safaricom’ menu and select ‘M-PESA’
- Select ‘Send Money’.
- Enter your recipient’s phone number, the amount you wish to send and your PIN.
- You will receive a screen with the information you have entered above, (e.g., Send money to 0721 234567, KSh 2000) confirm that it is correct then Press Ok.A pop up with the name of the recipient will appear on the screen. Remember to confirm the name of the recipient .To stop a wrong transaction, type 1 and press send within 15 seconds
Hakikisha service enables you to confirm the name of the intended recipient of the funds, before completing an M-PESA transaction
- You and the recipient will receive an SMS confirming the transaction.
If you send money to the wrong number:
- Funds sent to a wrong number will be reversed only if still available in the wrong recipient's account.
- If successful, you will receive an SMS indicating that a reversal has been done.