International Money Transfer
What is IMT
Why visit a bank or pay to receive money sent to you from US, UK, Europe, and UAE when you can receive it at the comfort of your home?
Safaricom and a number of money transfer services have partnered to ensure that it will not cost you a cent to receive money from the above mentioned locations. These partners are:
- Post Finance
- Western Union.
- Xpress Money
- Moni Technologies
- P2P Cash
- Transfer Galaxy
- Vodacom Tanzania
- MTN Rwanda
- MTN Uganda
Next time, you are sending school fees home, remember it doesn't have to cost the recipient a thing when you send to M-PESA.
IMT East Africa
East Africa just got closer than you ever imagined. You can now send and receive cash fast and conveniently across the region through M-PESA. Whether it’s sending cash to your business partners in Rwanda, sending pocket money to your college going children in Uganda, sending money to family in Tanzania or suppliers in Kenya, you can do it all through your phone.
It’s quick and easy;
- To send money from Kenya to Uganda and Rwanda simply dial *840# on your phone.
- To send money from Kenya to Tanzania, simply go to M-PESA and select Lipa Na M-PESA. Select Pay Bill and enter business number 255255. Enter recipient's mobile number as account number in the format 2557XXXXXXXX then Enter amount, M-PESA PIN and confirm the transaction.
- When in TZ simply dial *150*00# and then “Send money to MPESA Kenya” on your Vodacom line
- When in Rwanda; dial *830# to send money to Kenya from your MTN line.
- When in Uganda; dial *165# to send money to Kenya from your MTN line.
M-PESA & Moneygram
Safaricom has partnered with MoneyGram to bring you more convenience in the receipt of your MoneyGram transactions.
Transactions sent to you will be received in minutes directly into your M-PESA account, at any time of the day or night, offering you even more convenience when receiving MoneyGram transactions. Safaricom and MoneyGram have developed robust systems to ensure our customers receive money transferred safely. Moreover, with a network of more than 80,000 M-PESA agent locations across Kenya, one can virtually cash out your MoneyGram transfers at the M-PESA agent next door.
Sending money to your loved ones back home via Western Union Money Transfer is easy and convenient. Senders can now send a maximum of USD 500 per transaction and USD 5,000 per month. The receiver will not be required to pay any transaction fee and both the sender and receiver will get SMS notification once the Western Union Mobile Money Transfer is executed.