We are here for you
1. What is Reverse Call?
Reverse Call is a service that allows a customer to make a call with or without airtime and the receiver of the call pays on the caller’s behalf.
2. Who is eligible to make a Reverse Call?
All Safaricom subscribers are eligible.
3. How can you make a Reverse Call?
Simply put a # followed by the number you wish to call e.g #07XX XXX XXX.
4. How will the person receiving the call know it’s a Reverse Call?
When the person receiving answers the call, they will get an announcement requesting them to either accept or decline by pressing 1 to accept or 2 to decline . Once they accept, the call will be charged at normal rates.
5. Will the person receiving the call be charged when the announcement is playing?
No, they will only be charged when they accept the call and they are connected to the caller.
6. What happens when the person receiving the call accepts or declines the call?
- If they accept the call they will be charged for it at normal call rates.
- If they decline, the call will be disconnected and both the person calling and the on receiving will not be charged.
- If they don’t accept or decline the call will be disconnected.
7. What happens if the person receiving the call presses the wrong key?
The call will not go through until they select the correct key.
8. Can I make a Reverse Call to another network?
No, it’s only available to subscribers within Safaricom network.
9. Will a Reverse Call go through if the person receiving the call does not have sufficient airtime or minutes?
Unfortunately, it will not go through.
10. Will I earn Bonga points once I make the Reverse Call?
No, only the person receiving the call will earn Bonga Points as they are the ones paying for the call.
11. Can I use reverse call to make international calls?
No, Reverse Call cannot be used for international calls, it is for local calls only.
12. Can Reverse Call be used for roaming?
No. Reverse Call cannot be used for roaming.
13. Can I make a Reverse Call when I have other resources apart from airtime?
Yes. You can still make a Reverse Call while having other calling resources e.g. All In One minutes, Okoa Jahazi and Bonga points.