You can choose from our wide range of recharge methods and top-up denominations to suit your budget.
- Bamba 5 retailing at KSh 5 and expires after 30 days
- Bamba 10 retailing at KSh 10 and expires after 45 days
- Bamba 20 retailing at KSh 20 and expires after 90 days
- Bamba 50 retailing at KSh 50 and expires after 90 days
- Bamba 100 retailing at KSh 100 and expires after 90 days
- Bamba 250 retailing at KSh 250 and expires after 90 days
- Bamba 500 retailing at KSh 500 and expires after 90 days
- Bamba 1000 retailing at KSh 1,000 and expires after 120 days
Top Up through M-PESA
M-PESA gives you the ease of topping up wherever you are whenever you want without having to look for a physical shop. To top up via M-PESA:
- Go to ‘Buy airtime’ on your M-PESA menu
- Enter mobile phone number of the phone you are buying airtime for.
- Enter amount of airtime you wish to buy.
- Enter your M-PESA PIN and then confirm the details. The confirmation message will read “Buy airtime 0722 123456 KSh 120”, complete transaction by pressing OK.
- You will receive a confirmation SMS from M-PESA.
Safaricom PostPay customers can also use M-PESA to buy airtime for prepaid phones
Indirect Top Up
Need airtime? You no longer have to transfer airtime from your account.
You can top up any amount between KSh 5 and KSh 10,000 straight from your account easily.
Indirect Top Up via SMS
- Create a new SMS message and enter (#) immediately after the 12-digit scratch card PIN you want to top up, followed by the mobile number you want to top-up, e.g., 123456789012#0722123456.
- Send to 141.
- Wait for confirmation by SMS.
- Both you and the person receiving the airtime will receive an SMS notification upon successful top-up.
Indirect Top Up via USSD
- Key in *141*12-digit scratch card PIN you want to top up * mobile number you want to top-up#, e.g. *141*123456789012*0722123456#.
- Press the CALL/OK button.
- Both you and the person receiving the airtime will receive a notification upon successful top-up.
ATM Top Up
The service enables you, as a PrePay subscriber who operates an account with either I&M Bank, Equity Bank, KCB, Eco Bank, National Bank of Kenya, Co-operative Bank or ABC Bank to purchase Safaricom airtime at any of the automated teller machines (ATMs) available countrywide.
How it works
- The service is similar to other ATM services, and a receipt containing the airtime PIN would be issued after the transaction.
- Your Safaricom airtime account is topped up by entering the airtime PIN printed on the receipt issued, and funds equivalent in value to the airtime purchased will be debited/deducted from your account.
- This option gives you a 24-hour option to buy airtime.