Pochi La Biashara
Pochi La Biashara is a product that allows business owners such as: food vendors, small kiosk owners, boda-boda operators, second hand clothes dealers, etc. to receive and separate business funds from personal funds on their M-PESA line.
What’s great about this service
- Simple sign up process; no paper work is involved.
- Business owners will be able to separate their business funds and personal funds allowing them to use business transactions to plan financially.
- Payment once done cannot be reversed without the approval of the business owner.
- Business owners can now sell airtime from the funds collected in their Pochi wallet and earn a 5% commission on value sold.
- Access to Mini statements showing the latest top transaction.
- Access to Mini statements
- Easily accessible Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs) on the product, under Know More About the Service on USSD.
Rates and Charges
Standard customer M-PESA rates will apply https://www.safaricom.co.ke/personal/m-pesa/mpesa-charges
How to use this service
Using their M-PESA line, the business owner will:
- dial M-PESA USSD *334# select Pochi La Biashara to opt in
After opting in, they will be able to see the menu to access their funds under Pochi La Biashara.
For customers to pay into your Pochi, they will have three channels to pay from:
Dail *334# from their Safaricom M-PESA registered lines,
Select Pochi La Biashara
Select Send to Pochi >> Enter merchant phone number >> enter amount and complete transaction using your M-PESA PIN
- M-PESA STK Menu
Select M-PESA >> Select Lipa Na M-PESA
Select Pochi La Biashara >> Enter the merchant's phone number >> enter amount and complete the transaction using your M-PESA PIN
- M-PESA Supper APP
Launch the M-PESA SUPPER APP
Select Pay >> Select Pochi La Biashara >>Enter the merchant's phone number >> enter amount and complete the transaction using your M-PESA PIN
Important to note:Some customers SIMs may not have the new look M-PESA menu as updates are still ongoing. Customers who do not have the refreshed menu can:
- Refresh the M-PESA menu by:
Select M-PESA on the STK Menu
Select My Account
Select Update Customer Menu and enter their M-PESA PIN to complete the menu update
- Replace SIM card at the nearest Safaricom Retail SHop or Care Desk - if they have the big SIMs or the old SIM
Additional information on the product:
Your M-PESA PIN be used to authenticate Pochi La Biashara transactions. Note: PIN YAKO. SIRI YAKO
For Support: business owner can call line 100, 200 or 234; or visit any Safaricom Retail shop or Care Desks