Terms and Conditions for Dandia Utamu wa Safaricom
The following terms and conditions apply to the Welcome to Safaricom SIM-Card Service (“the Service”) and by purchasing airtime when you join the Safaricom Network, you will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted the same: -
This Service is open to all customers who purchase a Safaricom Prepay line during the Promotion Period.
2. Effective Date
These terms and conditions take effect at 0000hrs on 23rd October 2019.
3. How to participate
Purchase a Safaricom Line from any Safaricom Shop or authorised Safaricom Dealers and Agents.
- Once your SIM card has been registered at the point of purchase, Safaricom will activate your new Safaricom line and from that point, you will be notified of your eligibility to participate in the Promotion, for example:
“Welcome to Safaricom! Get 50% Airtime Bonus (no expiry) for every 1st Top up of the day of 20/- or more to Call/SMS any network in Kenya.”
- Thereafter, for the first thirty (30) days from the date of joining the network, for the first top-up of the day of between Kenya Shillings 20.00 and 1,000.00, you will receive a bonus airtime of 50%, for example:
“Congratulations!! You have received Kshxxx Bonus Airtime to call and text across ALL NETWORKS! For balance Send the word Bal to 144 by SMS.
The bonus airtime awarded will not expire.
5. Priority of use
Below is the priority of use for the resources:
- Bonus airtime
- Bonga airtime and minutes
- Tunukiwa airtime and minutes
- All in One Minutes
- Voice milele
- Main account
6. Other Terms of Service
The resources cannot be transferred to another Safaricom subscriber (via Sambaza).
The free resources amount cannot be used for the aggregation of Stori Ibambe target achievement determination.
The bonus airtime can be used for making calls on-net and off-net, sending SMS (both on-net and off-net) as well as browsing the internet at the current out of bundle rate.
The maximum bonus airtime amount you can receive during the day is Kshs. 1,000/=.
- The bonus airtime cannot be used to purchase data, talk time, PRS and Skiza subscriptions, make international calls and roaming.
Safaricom is committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of the information we collect from you in compliance with the applicable laws and obligations on data use and privacy. Our privacy statement, as updated from time to time, explains how we treat your personal data and protect your privacy when you use our Service and can be found on: https://www.safaricom.co.ke/data-privacy-statement.
8.Amendment of the Privacy Terms
Any update or amendment to these Terms and Conditions including privacy terms will be available on the Safaricom website www.safaricom.co.ke and will take effect from the date of notification of the update or amendment.
9.Extension of Terms
- Save as modified above, these Terms and Conditions are supplemental to and subject to the published Safaricom Prepay Terms and Conditions and other Services that you may be using.
- Safaricom reserves the right to amend or vary these Terms and Conditions or to withdraw the Service at any time. In any of these events, notice will be given via SMS to the eligible subscribers and will be effective immediately or as at the date referred in such notifications.
- These Terms and Conditions are available at safaricom.co.ke