Free Facebook Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to the Safaricom Facebook Free and Facebook Data Mode Service (“the Service”) and by participating in the Service you will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted the same:-
- The Service
This Service offers Safaricom subscribers a chance to experience basic Facebook services for free, without using their airtime or data bundle (“Facebook Free Mode”). It also offers subscribers an opportunity to experience in data mode, using their airtime or data bundles (“Facebook Data Mode”).
This Service is open to all Safaricom Prepay and PostPay subscribers.
- The Service Period
The Service commences on 6th March 2019.
- How to Participate
- Facebook Free Mode
- From your Safaricom line type facebook.com on all major mobile browsers, such as Chrome, Opera, Safari and Android browsers. You can also access through the latest version of the Facebook Android application, and the latest version of the Facebook Lite Android application.
- Proceed to input your email address or mobile phone number followed by your password.
- Enjoy the Facebook Free mode. In this mode, photos and videos will be unavailable until you activate Facebook Data mode.
- You will know you are using Facebook Free Mode if you have a purple banner at the top of your Facebook interface. The banner will also indicate “Free Mode”.
- A Fair Usage Policy will apply to each subscriber. You can use Facebook Free Mode up to 20MB per day. This limit will reset at midnight. After you have reached your 20MB free Facebook allocation for the day, you will only be able to use full Facebook Data Mode until the next day.
- You will require a Safaricom SIM card and appropriate data settings configured on your device and SIM card to use Facebook Free Mode.
- If you do not wish to continue with Facebook Free Mode, you can toggle to Facebook Data Mode, which is the normal full-feature paid Facebook experience.
- Should you select or click on a link that directs you away from Facebook Free Mode [i.e. embedded link/website/photo/video], your data usage will be billed in accordance to your tariff or depleted from any other valid or available data bundle.
- Facebook “Free Mode” is not available on IOS Facebook App.
- Facebook Data mode
- Facebook Data Mode is the normal full feature Facebook experience, which has access to all Facebook features.
- When using the Facebook Data Mode will be charged for your data usage and standard depletion rules will apply.
- You will know you are using Facebook Data Mode if you have a dark grey banner at the top of your Facebook interface. The banner will also indicate “Data Mode”.
- Should you not wish to continue with the fully paid Facebook service, you can toggle to Facebook Free Mode for the basic version at no cost.
- Service Rules
- New Facebook users will be required to opt into the Facebook Flex programme to experience the full Facebook for free for fifteen (15) days. For avoidance of doubt, their data bundles will not be consumed as they access Facebook.
- When you choose to move from Facebook Free mode to Facebook Data mode (Auto-Flex) clicking on the toggle/picture/video/external link, you will be redirected to a page where you to a page which will provide you with a notice to buy bundles.
- New Facebook users who opt out of Facebook Flex service will get the standard Facebook experience moving onwards. They’ll be able to opt back in using the Facebook menu.
- Customers outside the Safaricom network will not be able to access the Facebook Flex and Free Basics products.
- Returning Facebook customers will be given FREE access to Facebook for 3 days. You will be deemed to be a returning customer if you have been inactive on Facebook for fifteen (15) days.
- Free mode will be capped at 20MB free mode consumption.
- Extension of Terms
- Save as modified above, these Terms and Conditions are supplemental to and subject to the published Safaricom Prepay Terms and Conditions and other Services that you may be using.
- Safaricom reserves the right to amend or vary these Terms and Conditions or to withdraw the Service at any time. In any of these events, notice will be given via SMS to the eligible subscribers and will be effective immediately or as at the date referred in such notifications.
- These Terms and Conditions are available at safaricom.co.ke