Save page offline
Free Facebook - Business Rules
- Facebook Flex product will be available to all customers i.e. prepaid and postpaid customers.
- New Facebook Customers must opt in to the Facebook Flex to experience the full FB for FREE.
- New Facebook users will not be charged from their bundles or airtime when they access FREE FB.
- When on Free mode clicking on the toggle/picture/video/external link will take them to an interstitial page which will provide notice for the customers to buy bundles.
- New FB users who opt out of Facebook Flex service will get the standard Facebook experience moving onwards. They’ll be able to opt back in using the Facebook menu.
- Customers outside the Safaricom network will not be able to access the Facebook Flex and Free Basics products.
- Returning Facebook customers will be given FREE access to Facebook for 3days, returning is defined as 15days inactive on Facebook.
- We will target in-active Data customers with a FREE site (freebasics.com) which is a Data efficient service (no video or multimedia) optimized for low-end devices.
- Free mode will be capped at 20MB free mode consumption per day.