International Airtime Transfer
What is the international Airtime Transfer service?+
This is a service that allows Safaricom customers to buy airtime for friends and loved ones abroad.
How do I use this service?+
- Dial *840# from your Safaricom line
- Select International Airtime transfer option
- Enter the mobile number you want to buy airtime for with the country code format i.e. (255 XXXXXXXXX)
- Select the bundle of choice. You will be able to view how much airtime your loved one will receive in their local currency, and how much in KES you will pay.
- Confirm transaction details and enter your M-PESA PIN.
- You will receive confirmation SMS message on the successful transaction.
What are the daily transaction limits?+
Transactions are subject to the daily limits as set M-PESA.
Current M-PESA transaction limits apply (150,000 KES per transaction and 300,000 KES per day).
I have purchased airtime for the wrong number. Can I cancel this transaction?+
Unfortunately, once you've confirmed an international airtime purchase you will not be able to stop or reverse it. Always ensure that you have the right mobile number when undertaking these transactions.
The recipient has not received the airtime.+
If the recipient has not received the airtime purchased, kindly contact Safaricom through dialing line 100 for a prepaid customer or 200 for a post-paid customer.