What is M-TIBA?
M-TIBA is a service on your mobile phone that allows you to set funds aside for healthcare. Funds stored in M-TIBA can only be used to pay for services and medication at specific healthcare facilities which carry the M-TIBA logo. You can transfer funds from your M-PESA to your M-TIBA. Funds stored in M-TIBA are managed by UAP insurance.
M-TIBA is customised for you:
- To set funds aside regularly using your mobile phone
- To set funds aside flexibly according to your income; you can deposit from as little as 10 Ksh.
- To set funds aside affordably; registration into M-TIBA is free. Transactions from your M-PESA to your M-TIBA are free. No transaction costs at the healthcare facility when you pay.
- To manage healthcare for your extended family
- To access better healthcare conveniently
How to register on M-TIBA
There are multiple ways to register on M-TIBA:
- Simply dial *253#
- An M-TIBA agent
- At any of the facilities that carry the M-TIBA logo
- By calling M-TIBA Toll Free line 0800 721253.