Transfer money easily between your bank and M-PESA
Enjoy Convenience with the ability to access money from your account any time whether the bank is open or not. This will help you save on time and the cost of travelling to your branch plus the hustle of queuing.
Since the service is accessed through your mobile phone, it lowers the risk associated with handling cash. You can use the cash withdrawn to pay utility bills, pay for purchases and for money transfer. This makes Bank to M-PESA very convenient in emergency situations.
This service is available to M-PESA registered customers through:
- Via USSD for Bank to M-PESA
- To enjoy the service, register for Mobile banking with your bank and register for M-PESA at any agent outlet countrywide. Registration is FREE.
How to do a Bank to M-PESA transaction
- This service is available via USSD (short) code.
- You need to register for mobile banking or internet banking with your branch to get the short code to allow you move money from your bank account into your M-PESA account conveniently.
- Simply dial the USSD number and follow the instructions (this menu is different for different banks)
How to do an M-PESA to Bank Transaction
This is service is available via PayBill.
Simply follow the following simple steps:
- Go to M-PESA menu on your phone
- Go to Lipa na M-PESA, PayBill option
- Enter the banks business number (consult with bank)
- Enter account number which is your bank account number
- Enter amount
- Enter M-PESA pin.
- SMS confirmation received on phone